After 12 years working as a ski guide, Jason Remple was able to make his dream come true of running his own operation. Here’s a brief snapshot of the history of Stellar Heliskiing:
- 2005 – The Birth – Jason Remple and Kerry Luckey receive tenure approval from the Province of British Columbia.
- 2005-2012 – The Grind – A two person show with Jason and Kerry making everything happen. While Jason is out in the mountains developing runs/landings and skiing when bookings came in, Kerry is at home making lunches and running radio dispatch and raising their baby.
- 2013 – The Partners – Stefan Engstrom and Bjorn Algkvist join Stellar as partners. Friends for more than 30 years, Stefan and Bjorn met skiing on the Swedish freestyle circuit in the 1970’s. Stefan has 2 World Cup wins in moguls, a 2nd place finish in the 1983 Grand Prix World Cup Moguls competition. Bjorn was a member of the Swedish freestyle team. Both have gone on to be successful businessmen. Bjorn in investment management services and Stefan focusing on the outdoor apparel and fashion industry.
- 2016 – The Relocation – Stellar moves staging operations to the Hangar.
- 2013 - 2018 – The Real Deal – Full time operations with two helicopters in high season.
- 2022 – Stellar purchases the Kaslo Hotel which becomes our lodge.