Stellar Heliskiing is located in the charming mountain town of Kaslo, British Columbia. Situated on Highway 31, along the western shoreline of Kootenay Lake, Kaslo is surrounded by the mighty Purcell and Selkirk mountain ranges. Known for its relaxed atmosphere and friendly people, Kaslo is the perfect place to kick back after a full day of powder skiing.
Our accommodation, the Modern Victorian Kaslo Hotel, is in the heart of town and offers breathtaking views of the lake and surrounding mountains. There is a large selection of lodging available with 11 rooms and 3 suites to choose from. All of the hotel rooms have private balconies with mountain or lake views; and all of the suites have full kitchens and sleep 4 – 8 people depending on the suite you choose. After skiing, soak your tired legs in the hot tub located on the 2nd floor balcony, or get a massage from Stellar’s on staff massage therapist. Be sure to sign up beforehand, as spaces are limited.
The Kaslo Hotel Pub & Restaurant is also a locals favourite for its creative menu and excellent selection of international and local beers on tap!
Kaslo is a short 1 hour drive north of Nelson along Provincial Highway 31. When you get to Kaslo our meeting point will be the Kaslo Hotel at 430 Front Street. For further information please send us an email or call us at 1-888-366-0067.
Arriving to Kaslo via Air
Like every good powder stash, Stellar is a little off the main track. Below, find a list of transportation options. Unsure of which option is best? Reach out to us and we can help arrange your transportation and guide you through the best way to travel to Kaslo B.C.
- Fly from Vancouver or Calgary to West Kootenay Regional Airport (YCG) in Castlegar, BC. From there, taxi or rent a car for the drive to Kaslo (114 km) or take a Queen City shuttle bus to Nelson and get picked up by Stellar and driven to Kaslo.
- Fly from Vancouver or Calgary to Kelowna International Airport (YLW) in Kelowna, BC. From there, rent a car and drive to Kaslo (334 km) or contact us to arrange a charter bus or helicopter.
- Fly from Vancouver or Calgary to Cranbrook/Canadian Rockies International Airport (YXC) in Cranbrook, BC. From there, rent a car and drive to Kaslo (227 km) or contact us to arrange a charter bus or helicopter.
- Fly to Spokane International Airport (GEG) in Spokane, WA. From there, taxi or rent a car for the drive to Kaslo (237 km) or take a Queen City shuttle bus to Nelson and get picked up by Stellar and driven to Kaslo.
- Drive from Calgary to Kaslo (603 km).
- Drive from Vancouver to Kaslo (729 km).
Want to get to the powder faster? Stellar now can provide you with charter plane and or helicopter transfers. Charter a flight from Vancouver or Calgary to either Cranbrook or Kelowna then bus or helicopter to Kaslo, cutting your travel time in half. Contact us for more details.