Stellar Heliskiing is located in the charming mountain town of Kaslo, British Columbia. Situated on Highway 31, along the western shoreline of Kootenay Lake, surrounded by the mighty Purcell and Selkirk mountain ranges. Known for its relaxed atmosphere and friendly people, Kaslo is the perfect place to kick back after a full day of powder skiing.
Plan your travel
Like every good powder stash, Stellar Heliskiing is a little off the main track. Located in the Kootenay Region, Kaslo is a 45 minute drive north of Nelson BC.
How to get to Stellar
We’ve outlined some different options for how to get here. Unsure which option is best? Reach out to us and we will help guide you through the best way to travel to Kaslo.
- Drive from Calgary to Kaslo (603 km).
- Drive from Vancouver to Kaslo (729 km).
- Fly from Vancouver or Calgary to West Kootenay Regional Airport (YCG) in Castlegar, BC. From there, taxi or rent a car for the drive to Kaslo (114 km) (caution higher probability of weather cancellations)
- Fly from Vancouver or Calgary to Kelowna International Airport (YLW) in Kelowna, BC. From there, rent a car and drive to Kaslo (334 km) or contact us to arrange a charter bus or helicopter.
- Fly from Vancouver or Calgary to Cranbrook/Canadian Rockies International Airport (YXC) in Cranbrook, BC. From there, rent a car and drive to Kaslo (227 km) or contact us to arrange a charter bus or helicopter.
- Fly to Spokane International Airport (GEG) in Spokane, WA. From there, taxi or rent a car for the drive to Kaslo (237 km) or take a Kootenay Gateway to Nelson and Stellar can help you arrange a ride to Kaslo.
Want to get to the powder faster? Stellar can provide you with a charter plane and/or helicopter transfers. Charter a flight from Vancouver or Calgary to either Cranbrook or Kelowna then bus or helicopter to Kaslo, cutting your travel time in half. Contact us for more details. 1-888-366-0067